ARE YOU OUR NEW ARTISTIC DIRECTOR?
Barking Gecko Theatre is seeking suitable applications for an innovative Artistic Director to lead our creative journey.
With over three decades of captivating audiences, we are committed to inspiring and engaging children and families.
The Artistic Director Recruitment Pack can be obtained by emailing our CEO, Ryan Taaffe on:
Enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
ARE YOU OUR NEW FINANCE MANAGER?
Finance Manager - Barking Gecko Theatre (0.5 FTE)
About Barking Gecko:
Barking Gecko Theatre is dedicated to creating exceptional theatre experiences for young audiences. With a rich history spanning over two decades, we are committed to inspiring and engaging children and families through innovative and thought-provoking productions.
Barking Gecko Theatre is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Finance Manager to join our dynamic team on a 0.5 FTE basis. As the Finance Manager, you will play a crucial role in overseeing all financial aspects of our organisation. This includes budgeting, financial reporting, forecasting, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
Fixed term – 1-year contract with potential for extension.
Part-Time - 2.5 days/week, 5 days a fortnight.
Some outside office-hours work required.
This position reports to the CEO.
Pro rata of $85,000 plus superannuation.
Pro rata equivalents of 4 weeks annual leave and 10 days sick leave.
- Manage and oversee all financial operations of the organisation.
- Develop and maintain budgets, forecasts, and financial plans.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for management, board members, and funding bodies.
- Monitor cash flow, expenses, and revenue streams, identifying areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- Coordinate and liaise with external auditors and stakeholders as required.
- Preparation of annual financial accounts.
- Provide strategic financial guidance to the executive team to support decision-making.
- Collaborate with other departments to optimise financial processes and systems.
- Manage payroll and benefits administration.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices in finance and accounting.
- Qualification in Accounting.
- Proven experience in a finance management role, preferably within the arts or non-profit sector.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in MYOB and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate financial information effectively to non-financial stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for the arts and a commitment to our mission.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about finance and the arts and possess the required qualifications and experience, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to our CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 23rd of February 2023 at 5pm. The successful candidate will be required for a handover period in the week of the 11th of March 2024.
Barking Gecko Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.