Fresh Ink: ATYP
Fresh Ink: ATYP
Barking Gecko Theatre is proud to partner with Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP) to bring Fresh Ink to WA. Fresh Ink is ATYP’s national mentoring program that has supported more than 50 playwrights over the last four years. Fresh Ink is the only program of its kind in Australia.
The program is designed to create opportunities for committed and talented playwrights to help bridge the gap into professional practice.
The program pairs emerging playwrights with a mentor for a series of workshops that will result in a 15 minute three person script delivered for rehearsal with professional actors and a 30 minute script that will be rehearsed with a professional cast.
- Attend a pre-arranged workshop session at least once a month with their mentor for 6 hours (or equivalent)
- Work with professional directors and guests to widen networks and build skills
- Deliver a 15-minute play in July that will be rehearsed and performed by professional actors for an invited audience.
- Deliver a 30-minute play in November that will be rehearsed and performed by professional actors for an invited audience.
- Mentoring across the year by an industry professional
- The opportunity to work with professional actors and directors
- Opportunities to showcase their work to invited audiences.
To be eligible participants will need to:
- Be aged 18-26
- Have some experience in the past with playwriting
- Be available to meet the time commitments (briefly outlined above) between April and December 2021.
- Please note that there is a $400 participation fee for this program. ATYP offers scholarship places for those who could not participate otherwise, please get in touch for a scholarship application form.